Hidden Pear Salad


Last week was a long one that was filled with the peeling of many pears, so naturally my mind went to things that can be made with pears. I tried a Spiced Pear Cake with Praline Topping but decided it was too spicy although the Praline topping was scrumptious! Then I thought of this molded jello that I have made before. It's simple, looks pretty, and tastes yummy! That's good enough for me!☺

Ingredients:


1-16 oz. can pears, liquid
drained and reserved
1-3 oz. pkg. lime jello
1-3 oz. pkg. cream cheese
¼ teaspoon lemon juice,
I used lime
1-8 oz. Cool Whip

Bring pear liquid to a boil.


Stir in gelatin until dissolved.


Cool until syrupy.

Puree pears in a blender.

Beat cream cheese and lemon juice until fluffy and smooth.


Add pureed pears and mix well.


Fold Cool Whip into pear mixture then fold in cooled jello.


Spoon or pour into 4½ cup mold* that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray.


*I used a double recipe for the Tupperware mold. It didn't quite all fit in. I had about 1 cup left that didn't fit.

Refrigerate overnight.

Unmold by dipping the green part of the mold into warm/hot water for 1 or 2 minutes. Invert onto serving plate and slowly remove the center part of the mold.

Garnish and serve.


Be Blessed!

Comments

  1. I bet my children would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty dessert!! I love pears but I don't cook with them enough (I really need to start).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty color! My dad would love it. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would be fun to serve at St Patricks Day

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels