Frozen Lunchbox Strawberries


For the last two weeks Monday and Tuesday were Strawberry days here at my house. I won't tell you how many quarts but I will tell you that I was quite glad to let someone else pick them for me and pay them to do it. I love strawberries but have never enjoyed picking them. Makes me cranky. Anyway some of them went into these small individual serving sized boxes for the lunches that I'm privileged to pack for my family. ☺ (Okay there was a bit of sarcasm in there. I love my family but packing lunches has never quite reached the favorite things to do level.) They are super easy to do and with the help of everyone last evening the last of them went into the freezer for this year. Yay!

7 quarts, coarsley chopped strawberries
3 cups sugar
1 box dry Sure Jell

Mix together and let stand for 10 minutes than stir again and place into freezer containers, size of your choice. They tell me that the strawberries are usually still a little slushy at lunch time when I put them in frozen in the morning. Perfect! And they all really enjoy them too.

I did this with peaches last year and they were also a hit. The measurements are slightly different though. You can find that recipe here.

~Be Blessed!~

Mom On Time Out

Comments

  1. I'm doing strawberries next week, and I'm not picking them either. :) Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! And they would help keep their lunches cold, too! Isn't it a satisfying feeling seeing them all stacked up like that? So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! Those look like some yummy strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea! I just happen to have a load of strawberries in my fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea, totally Pinning this! Where do you find the Sure Jell in the market?

    LB
    http://www.accordingtol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. neat, I would never think to send frozen strawberries for lunch but it sounds great, and since it is still slushy how perfect for the hot days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome! Okay, where did you gets those little containers? I think I may try to do this with my cherries. Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Featuring this week! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wondering if you could tell me what containers you are using and were can I purchase some. I have been looking for some smaller ones that are freezer safe.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea! Not only for kids lunches but for year round fresh eating. What is the purpose of the pectin?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels